Is Your Productivity Suffering Because of Your Attitude?
In a continuation of our series about getting super organized and productive, we can’t neglect the elephant in the room: our attitude.
It’s where it all begins. The quality of our attitude will most certainly determine the outcome of our work performance and satisfaction at the end of the day. Countless studies prove that workplace attitude impacts our level of innovation and creativity, which leads to increased productivity.
So, the role of your attitude at work is worth examining.
As you undertake the physical changes of revamping your workspace, such as a larger desk and file cabinet, don’t forget the mental side of things, and consider if your attitude needs a spring cleaning as well. You can do this by taking a close look at outdated attitudes and beliefs that are holding you back from being the best you can at your job.
Things you can start doing to spring clean your attitude at work include:
- Play relaxing or inspirational music – music greatly impacts our mood.
- At the end of every day, write down something you’re grateful for that day. Take a review at the end of week, and then month, and you’ll be amazed.
- Re-frame your challenges and setbacks by changing your language; replace habitual negative thoughts with positive, affirming statements. Repeat them often.
- Avoid negative people and keep negative news to a minimum.
- Plan rewards for yourself and give yourself something to look forward to.
- Join a positive support group to keep you engaged and inspired.
- Ask for help, perhaps from a VA? 🙂
I encourage you to consider how your attitude could be hurting your productivity and work satisfaction, and how you can make improvements to it. Like feeding our bodies nutritious food, keeping a healthy attitude is worth the effort!